Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lightning Round

Ya know ...

... The idea that a Chinese company is buying Hummer boggles my mind. Couldn't we have just gone back to GM building them for the government and stop selling them to the people who can't seem to handle them?

... That Conan kid is going to do just fine as host of the Tonight Show. In fact, I've watched more of the Tonight Show the first two nights of Conan's reign than I did for most of Jay Leno's.

... Dick Cheney coming out now, after he's left office, in favor of gay marriage, seems to be much ado about nothing. What was wrong for standing up for your right while you were the "second" most powerful man in the U.S.

... It was good to see Tom Hanks being funny on Conan. And him talking about In-N-Out at that hour is just wrong. Made me want one of their burgers.

... The way Will Farrell's been out promoting "Land of the Lost," I'm thinking he knows it needs all the help it can get.

... Can we have some jungle guide get Heidi and Spencer lost in the jungle -- for good?

... I can't think of many things better in the world than getting a foot massage.

... Seeing the trailers and previews for "Rock Band: The Beatles" makes me wish I could had the dexterity to play "Rock Band." (I had planned on embedding them, but they kept embedding other clips).

... I've seen Green Day perform "Know Your Enemy" on numerous talk/variety shows, and I think the fourth, touring guitarist has had more screen time than full-time band member Mike Dirnt. And at no point have I gotten tired of hearing the song.

... More disturbing: Jack In the Box commercial for the tropical smoothie with the woman talking about menopause or ... wait, there's nothing more disturbing than that.

... Anyone got any advice on getting a new cell phone? I'm due for my two-year upgrade, and not sure which direction to go. Still on Verizon, so no iPhone for me.

... It was great to see another Pac-10 team win the Women's College World Series on ESPN2 on Tuesday. But really ESPN? Reruns of poker outranked live coverage of a college championship game?

... The new season of Project Runway is finally going to hit the air soon, and sounds intriguing. But I still don't know that I have the energy to track it down on Lifetime.

... I'm not sure how the rest of this week will go, but I'm going to try to get something up Friday for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean and use your common sense when posting a comment on this blog. Thanks a bunch.